Datasource Properties, Settings, and Statistics
The Datasource Properties dialog in ProjectWise Administrator is used to:
- modify general datasource properties, such as internal name and external display name (General tab)
- set global folder and document permissions for the datasource (Folder Security and Document Security tabs)
- modify the global settings of a datasource (Settings tab)
- restrict user / client access to the datasource (Security tab)
- specify which Restricted Administrators can view and modify the properties of this datasource (Granular Security tab)
- change various default icons (not including application icons) used throughout ProjectWise (Icons tab)
- update the database user account (Database Users tab)
- view the overall statistics of the datasource (Statistics tab)
- define default spatial settings for the datasource (Spatial tab)
- set the virtual drive letter to be used by all integrated Revit users working in a particular datasource (Revit Integration tab)
- set up audit trail logging options and truncation rules for the datasource (Audit Trail tab)
- apply configuration settings blocks at the datasource level (Managed Workspace tab)
In order to see and also be able to edit all available tabs on the Datasource Properties dialog, the following must be true:
- The user you are logged into the operating system as must be a member of the local Administrators group on the ProjectWise Design Integration Server computer.
- The user you are logged into the datasource as must be a member of the ProjectWise Administrator group, or a member of the ProjectWise Restricted Administrator group who has granular security access to datasource properties.
Important: In order to modify the datasource properties that are stored in the dmskrnl.cfg file from ProjectWise Administrator, you must either be a member of the Administrators group on the ProjectWise Design Integration Server computer, or you must have Read/Write access to the Administrative C$ share on that computer.