T.3 Stress Contours
Stress contours are a color-based plot of the variation of stress or moment across the surface of the slab or a selected portion of it.
Results ribbon tab, select the
Plate Stress tool in the
View Results group.
The Diagrams dialog opens to the Plate Stress Contour tab.
- Select the load case number from the Load Case drop-down list.
- Select the specific type of stress for which you want the contour drawn from the Stress type drop-down list.
View Stress Index option will display a small
table consisting of the numerical range of values from smallest to largest
which are represented in the plot.
- Load case — 102: CASE 1 + CASE 3
- Stress Type — Von Mis Top
- Contour Type — Normal Fill
- Index based on Center Stress checked
- View Stress Index checked
- Re-Index for new view checked
- Click Apply.
- (Optional) If some portion of the structure appears truncated, use the Zoom and Pan tools located on the View toolbar to adjust the display.