M. To assign member imperfection for members
To assign member drift or camber for use with an imperfection analysis, use the following procedure.
- (Optional) Select the members which will all have the same member specification assigned.
Specification ribbon tab, select the
tool in the
The Member Specification dialog opens to the Imperfection tab.
- Do either of the following:
- Select the Local Direction of the imperfection and then type the Value, which is taken as a ratio of the member length to offset (i.e., L/d).
For Camber, type a
Respect value which is used to determine when
to skip camber imperfection calculations.
This ratio results in the camber imperfection
calculations being skipped when:
- the compressive load is small,
- the member stiffness (EI) is large, or
- the member is short
To… Do the following… add the specification to the model and assign to the current member selection click Assign. add the specification to the model for later assignment click Add.