The following reinforced concrete members that can be designed by the latest revision are the following:
- Reinforced concrete beams (excluding deep beams)
- Reinforced concrete columns (see note b for details)
The following types of cross sections for concrete members can be designed:
- For beams:
- prismatic (rectangular and square)
- T-beams (singly reinforced only)
- For columns:
- prismatic: rectangular, square, and circular
- The clauses that are already implemented for IS-13920:1993 revision and remains unchanged in revision 2016 are not discussed in these design notes.
- Clause 7.2 of IS:13920-2016 is checked. Please refer to Relative Strengths of Beams and Columns at a Joint for additional details.
- Implementation of Clause 9.0 of IS:13920-2016 for design of beam-column joint for distortional shear is currently excluded.
- The provisions for the spacing of for special confining reinforcement per Amendment 1 to IS:13920-2016 are not implemented. The design of this reinforcement is designed to the initial IS:13920-2016 edition.
- STAAD.Pro only designs singly reinforced T beam (flanged) sections.