Using the Export to Excel / Import from Excel Tools
The Export to Excel / Import from Excel tools are used to bulk import files and attribute data from external sources into ProjectWise, or to bulk export files and attribute data out of ProjectWise. The tools use an Excel spreadsheet as the data interchange format.
The tools can be used in a number of ways:
- To export documents and their attributes from ProjectWise, so that they can be imported into another third-party program.
- To import documents and their attributes into ProjectWise, which have been exported from a third-party program.
- To import documents and their attributes into ProjectWise for the first time and manually enter the attribute data.
- To export documents and their attributes, so they can be sent to a third party for amendment, and then re-import the amended documents. Amendments to both the documents and their attributes are transferred into the datasource.
- To copy or move documents between environments in the same ProjectWise datasource.
It is also possible to copy documents between datasources using these tools, but other ProjectWise tools are available to perform this function. The Export to Excel / Import from Excel tools support the transfer of most standard ProjectWise attributes, including versions and the creation of new versions during import, but do not support workflows and states.