Running ProjectWise Explorer on Citrix XenApp
ProjectWise Explorer can be configured to run in a Citrix XenApp environment.
- In ProjectWise Administrator, log in to your datasource and select the Users datasource node.
- Open the Properties dialog for a user and select the Settings tab.
and use a UNC path to define the folder path to the user’s working directory.
For example: \\workdirs\bobs_workdir
- Next, expand
This setting is used to define the node name that will be used when the user checks out documents from ProjectWise Explorer. Because Citrix XenApp users cannot use the user’s host computer name as the node name, you must change the default value for this setting to one of the other options.
- Do one of the following:
- To use the user's user name as the node name, select Use the user's host computer name or user name and change the value from $HOSTNAME$ to $USERNAME$.
- To create a random global unique identifier (GUID) to be used as the node name, select Use a global unique identifier (GUID), then in the Unique Node ID dialog that opens, click Generate New ID and click OK.
- To enter a logical name to be used as the node name, select Use a logical name, then in the Unique Node ID dialog that opens, enter a logical name for the node (for example, Bob's Computer) and click OK.
- Click OK in the User Properties dialog.
- On the Citrix XenApp computer (or computers, if you are using a Citrix XenApp farm) install ProjectWise Explorer.
- On each Citrix XenApp computer where ProjectWise Explorer is installed, establish a connection to the ProjectWise Design Integration Server computer using the ProjectWise Network Configuration Settings dialog ( ).
- On the main Citrix XenApp
computer, open the Citrix Delivery Services Console and use the Publish
Application wizard to publish the 'ProjectWise Explorer' application.
Among other settings, in this wizard you will set the display name that users will see (ProjectWise Explorer) and also the location of the ProjectWise Explorer program executable (pwc.exe).
When publishing is completed, 'ProjectWise Explorer' will appear next to all other applications which are available for Citrix XenApp users.
- When a user’s working directory node identifier is configured to use a logical name or a GUID, that user must not use multiple computers to work with documents in ProjectWise.
- The User Tools, Data Export and Import Wizards, Menu Editor, and Attribute Bulk Update tool that can also be installed through the ProjectWise Explorer installer are not supported when running in a Citrix XenApp environment.
- Currently, you cannot drag local files into ProjectWise Explorer when running in a Citrix XenApp environment. This is a Citrix XenApp issue and has nothing to do with ProjectWise. If you need to add local files to ProjectWise, use in ProjectWise Explorer.