To Create a Storage Area That Resides on a Remote Computer, Using a UNC Path
- On the remote computer on which the storage area is to reside, create and share a folder (for example, C:\sharedfolder).
- Set up permissions on the shared folder so that the domain or computer account under which ProjectWise Design Integration Server and/or ProjectWise Caching Server is running can access and write to it. (In other words, on the shared folder, give Read and Write permissions to the domain or computer account under which ProjectWise Design Integration Server and/or ProjectWise Caching Server is running.)
- In ProjectWise Administrator, right-click the Storage areas node and select .
- In the Name and Description fields, enter a name and optional description for the storage area.
- In the Computer name or IP address field, enter the name or IP address of the computer on which ProjectWise Design Integration Server or ProjectWise Caching Server is installed and running.
- In the Path field, enter the UNC path to the shared folder on the remote computer, followed by the new storage area folder you want to create inside that shared folder. For example: \\remotecomputer\sharedfolder\pwstore1
The storage area folder is created on the remote computer, and the new storage area is added to the list of storage areas in ProjectWise Administrator.