Associate a Work Area with a ProjectWise Project
Once you register a ProjectWise project, you can associate it to a new or existing work area from ProjectWise Explorer. This procedure shows how you can make the association from an existing work area. Note that you can also make the association while you are creating a work area or upgrading a folder to a work area in the Work Area Creation Wizard.
For ProjectWise Web, the association automatically exposes the work area and its contents inside the ProjectWise Web portal of the associated ProjectWise project (this is called a work area connection), assuming that the 'WSG Work Areas URL for Connect services' datasource setting has also been configured in ProjectWise Administrator.
For ProjectWise Deliverables Management, the association lets users send and receive transmittals, submittals, and RFIs directly from the associated work area in ProjectWise Explorer, assuming that the user also has ProjectWise Deliverables Management connector for ProjectWise Explorer installed.
For ProjectWise Project Insights, the association lets the ProjectWise Analytics Data Upload Service know which work area to upload data from, and which project to upload the data to.
- Open ProjectWise Explorer and log in to your datasource.
- Right-click a work area and select Properties.
- In the Work Area Properties dialog, select the ProjectWise Project tab.
- Click Associate.
Select a project from the list and click
If you need to create and associate a new project:
- Click Register Project.
- In the Register a project web page that opens, fill out the form and click Save.
- Back in the Select ProjectWise Project to Associate dialog, click Refresh to make your new project appear in the list.
- Select the new project and click Assign.
- Click OK or Apply in the Work Area Properties dialog.
This work area is now associated with the selected ProjectWise project.
When a work area is associated to a ProjectWise project and you select the work area, or any folder in it, a ProjectWise Project Portal tab displays in the preview pane. The ProjectWise Project Portal tab provides a window to the ProjectWise project (the same as opening a browser and going to the CONNECT Center (https://connect.bentley.com/) and selecting your ProjectWise project). Scroll down to see the available ProjectWise 365 Services you can use with this project.