A Description Builder has been created for OpenPlant Specification Generator that allows the users to create definitions for the description fields. As the Define Custom Fields dialog creates definitions which apply to the entire spec, specific field descriptions can be applied to individual rows within the spec constraint sections that can override the default.
Build a Custom Description for a Spec Section
Right-click on a Description Field from within a constraint row
and select Custom Description from the context menu or click the Define Custom
The Description Fields dialog displays as shown:
- Click the Add Description button.
- Select a field name from the drop-down list.
To define a value for the description field, right-click in the
Value field to display the Description Builder.
The custom description is shown in the Definition text area at the bottom of the builder as it is created.
- To add a field to the definition, double-click on the field from the list to display it in the bottom pane. All field names are enclosed by the "<< >>" symbols and you can add as many fields as you want.
- Static text can be entered directly into the Definition area but must be enclosed in brackets, [X], for the text to display.
- To remove a field from the definition, click within the field name in the Definition area and press Delete on your keyboard. When you press OK to close the dialog, the new string will override the default description for the field in the selected spec section row. The actual database table will not be updated until you rebuild the spec.