Before You Start
- When installing or uninstalling this product, you must be logged on with Administrator rights.
- It is highly recommended that you close any programs and disable any antivirus software that is running prior to the installation of this software. Be sure to turn on your antivirus software when you are finished.
- If your system is protected by firewall, make sure you enable the following URLs on the firewall:
OpenBuildings Speedikon CONNECT Edition is designed so it can be installed and safely coexist on the same workstation with an existing Bentley speedikon Architectural v8i or Bentley speedikon Industrial v8i Commercial Release.
If you have installed Bentley speedikon CONNECT Edition 10.00.00.XX, you must uninstall this version BEFORE installing OpenBuildings Speedikon CONNECT Edition Update 1 or higher.
OpenBuildings Speedikon will not attempt to upgrade or uninstall an existing speedikon V8i commercial release, and by default it installs its program and configuration files to different locations than the existing commercial builds. When you install OpenBuildings Speedikon CONNECT Edition it creates the registry entries responsible for file associations. If you do not want this to happen, during installation, in the Select Features to install list, turn off the File Association check box. OpenBuildings Speedikon CONNECT Edition also creates the registry keys for VBA-initiated launching. Windows architecture allows for only one program to own these registry keys and the existing Bentley speedikon Architectural v8i and Bentley speedikon Industrial v8i versions should continue to function normally by default. We recommend to un-install Bentley speedikon V8i builds, if they are no longer needed.Note: If you used Microsoft's program to uninstall, the Repair tool will work correctly. However, if you used a third-party's product to uninstall, it may have removed files needed by OpenBuildings Speedikon. For the procedure to repair OpenBuildings Speedikon, refer to the topic To Repair OpenBuildings Speedikon .Compatibility:
- The Speedikon file format is compatible within the CONNECT Edition version family ( 10.XX.XX.XX). All data from previous versions, including Speedikon M 2.5, can be read into this version.
- OpenBuildings Speedikon is not certified as backward compatible with earlier versions, although the Speedikon file format has not been changed from Speedikon V8i to CONNECT Edition. Please note that new functionality in OpenBuildings Speedikon CONNECT Edition can cause limitations and issues in backward compatibility.
- When you install OpenBuildings Speedikon CONNECT Edition, the following applications are installed with it:
- Bentley DGN Thumbnail Provider is required to correctly view DGN thumbnails on the Windows 10 and Windows 11 operating systems. Immediately after installing Bentley DGN Thumbnail Provider, you still may not see the correct thumbnails for DGN files. This will be corrected by rebooting or re-logging onto the system.
- Bentley DGN Thumbnail Provider is installed as separate application. When you uninstall OpenBuildings Speedikon CONNECT Edition , this application is not removed. If you do not need it, you will have to uninstall it separately.