What's New in STAAD.Pro 2007, Build 02 (14 September 2007)
- Issues addressed in the Analysis/Design engine
- Issues addressed in the Pre-Processing Mode
- Issues addressed in the Post-Processing Mode
- Issues addressed in the Steel Designer Mode
- Issues addressed in the Editor, Viewer and other modules
- Issues addressed in Printing
- Issues addressed in RAM Connection Mode
- Issues addressed in licensing / security / installation
- Issues addressed in Documentation
Issues addressed in the Analysis/Design engine
1) The BS 5950 design has been updated to ensure that the moment capacity is correctly calculated when the section classification of class 2 compact and class 3 semi compact limits cross.
2) The FLOOR LOAD command has been corrected for use on inclined floors
3) The application of spring supports on solid objects (i.e. 5 to 8 noded bricks) has been improved to ensure a correct analysis
4) The UBC / IBC load generators corrects an un-necessary over estimation in weight.
5) The IBC 2006 provisions for the static seismic loading method have been added to the supplement the 2000 and 2003 versions previously implemented.
6) The RESPONSE SPECTRUM command has been enhanced to create response spectra based on the IBC 2006 provisions for seismic loading.
7) The Norwegian steel design, NS3472 has been updated to better support sections defined in user tables.
8) The minor axis shear capacity calculated for the AISC Unified code, ANSI/AISC 360-05 have been corrected.
9) The calculation of the seismic loading from the Canadian NRC - 2005 code has corrected the reading of the importance factor parameter.
10) A correction has been introduced for the calculation of response spectra calculated using the Advanced Solver.
11) The output report for EC3-2005 now correctly includes missing table headers.
12) The output report for AS 4100 now displays the requested level of output defined by the TRACK parameter.
13) A design to AISC ASD for plate girder sections where h/tw exceeds 970/sqrt(Fy) are not covered by STAAD and a warning is provided.
14) Support information displayed at the end of the output files has been updated to reflect the current support arrangements.
15) BS 5950, design of members with very small / no axial loads improved to ensure that axial effects are not considered.
16) Property (SZ) calculation for user defined angle has been corrected.
17) FLOOR WEIGHT calculation for UBC, IBC, IS:1893 has been corrected.
Issues addressed in the Pre-Processing Mode
1) The GUI has been updated to correctly interpret the missing mass and ZPA parameters, not reporting a correctly defined command as incorrect.
2) The renumbering function has been improved to ensure objects are not removed in the renumber process.
3) The undo function has been updated to handle wind loads commands deleted in the GUI.
4) The GUI has been updated to support loading defined on physical members
5) The US AISI cold formed database area of section 4CU1.0x072 has been updated.
6) Creating openings in Parametrically defined slabs has been updated to ensure the data file integrity is maintained.
7) Calculation of user table properties of general sections using profile points in differing units from the model has been corrected.
8) Update of the 'Column Transfer Forces' report prevents a crash if no load cases are selected and 'Insert to Table' button is clicked.
9) The TB paramEter has been re-introduced intro the parameter list in the BS 5950 steel design dialog.
10) The GUI has been updated to support having the tool Check Multiple Structures dialog open whilst merging nodes.
11) The display of moving loads defined in external files has been corrected.
12) The tool to check multiple structures has been enhanced to operate in a view that is not the whole structure view.
13) The Korean steel section database has been enhanced with corrected plastic section moduli.
14) The Canadian steel section database has corrected torsional values added for wide flange sections.
15) The GUI has been updated to support multiple instances of ELEMENT INCIDENCE SHELL.
16) The GUI has been updated to correctly read the aluminum database section properties.
17) The GUI has been updated to support the Columbian seismic provisions.
18) The GUI has been enhanced to allow thermal loads to be assigned to solids.
19) The creation of a Pushover definition in the GUI has been updated to allow a large number of load steps to be defined.
20) The move operation has been improved to reduce the instances of duplicate members being formed.
21) The GUI tool to calculate section properties for UPT angles has been corrected to calculate values about the principal axes rather than the geometric axes.
22) 3D Rendered views of models with extremely small members, <1mm are now accounted for.
23) The section outline drawing of tapered square sections has been improved.
24) The parameter 'METHOD' added to list of available parameters in the GUI.
25) The Canadian steel section database corrected.
26) 3D rendering of castellated beams with a base unit setting of metric is now supported.
27) Processing of temperature loads on solids defined in reference load cases is now supported.
28) The description of the Canadian CB parameter has been corrected in the design dialog box.
29) The GUI displayed value of uniform moment load on beams has been corrected.
30) Tapered I section dialog has updated labels for the flanges.
31) The GUI display of the FLOOR LOAD command has been corrected for one-way load distribution.
32) The IS 800 parameter CAN is now correctly labeled in the design dialog box as 'Deflection Check' parameter.
33) The IS 800 parameter COG is now correctly labeled in the design dialog box as CG of channel section parameter.
34) The menu item Commands>Specifications now launches the correct dialog box.
35) The section outline representation of UPT General sections has been improved to draw about the neutral axis.
36) Values for double I sections are now displayed from the Properties dialog box, Values table.
37) The Select menu has been enhanced so that Surface objects can be selected 'By List'.
38) The GUI has been updated to ensure that when AASHTO (LRFD) code has been selected in the Design dialog, parameters from that code are added to the STAAD file.
39) The automatic creation of additional shearwalls using the translational repeat tool now copies defined holes defined in the wall.
40) Creation of views with physical members has been enhanced.
41) The GUI has been updated to correctly handle the TXT parameter of a Pushover definition.
42) STP parameter is introduced in AISC-ASD code.
43) Read/Write operation for STEADY STATE analysis commands were added.
44) Program crash while renaming grid has been fixed.
Issues addressed in the Post-Processing Mode
1) Calculation of 'Column Transfer Forces' from the Report menu has an updated warning when members not lying in a plane have been selected.
2) The corner stresses reported in the Beam Stresses table and Stress Diagram updated for composite wide flange sections to display the values in the extreme corners of the concrete at the top and the corners of the wide flange at the bottom.
3) The member query dialog display of bending moments has been improved.
4) If instabilities are generated from an analysis with the Advanced Solver, a page has now been added to the Post-Processing Mode.
5) The data from Mode Shape and Participation tables can now be copied onto the clipboard and be pasted into other documents.
6) Stress contours for surface objects has been improved to allow display in the Post-Processing Mode.
7) The Static Check table in the Post-Processing Mode has been corrected for when metric units are used.
8) The moment diagrams for selfweight on tapered sections have been improved.
9) User interface which allowed property/support/member release update in Post-Processing mode (which leads to analysis result become invalid) has been deactivated.
Issues addressed in the Steel Designer Mode
1) Single step design result table has been updated to reflect correct design/utilization ratio.
Issues addressed in the Editor, Viewer and other modules
1) The Bridge Deck Mode has been improved to ensure that once the menu item 'Loading>Influence Surface Generator' is disabled while the generator is in operation to prevent attempting to run it again whilst it is in operation.
1) A new OpenSTAAD application object function has been added, CreateIsotropicMaterialProperties. This takes the following 7 variables as input:- string Name, double E, double Poisson, double G, double density, double Alpha, double Cr Damping The return value is of type long and is either 1, if this has updated an existing material or 0 if a new material has been created.
Issues addressed in Printing
1) The logo displayed in the User report updated with the Bentley logo.
Issues addressed in RAM Connection Mode
1) The RAM Connection interface has been enhanced to support the use of WT sections as brace members.
2) The design of Smart Flange Plate connections in the RAM Connection Mode now ensures that the moment is correctly transferred to the connection.
Issues addressed in licensing / security / installation
1) The licensing system has been enhanced to support 'Node Locked' XML Licenses.
2) The licensing system has been enhanced to allow usage of checked out license with the workstation not able to connect to the server.
3) Installation improved to allow gaps in the path to the installed folder.
Issues addressed in Documentation
1) The figure for Example 8 in the Examples manual has been corrected.
2) Minor errors in the American Examples manual have been corrected.
3) The preview image of Examp19 has been corrected to reflect the actual data file included in the installation.
4) The International Codes manual section 9 B-5 has had the spelling mistakes corrected. In the Technical Reference Manual, dupliactions in sections 3.6, 5.23, 5.31.1 and 184.108.40.206 have been removed.
5) What's New issue2006-1004.6.2 corrected to remove AISC UNIFIED reference.
6) Section 5.11 of the Technical Reference updated to clarify limit on the node number is to 6 digits.
7) Technical Reference manual section 5.20.5 updated to clarify that the ASSIGN PROFILE command does not operate on cold formed steel, aluminum and timber sections.
8) Section 4A of the International codes manual has been updated to correctly report that concrete design is performed to GB50010-2002.
9) The Technical Reference manual section 2.14.13 has been updated with a table reference. Section 5.20.7 title has been corrected.
10) The reference in the online help to the Canadian steel code was corrected to reflect the implemented version which is S16-01.
11) Section 4B of the International codes manual has been updated to correctly report that steel design is performed to GB50017-2003.
12) Table 2.1 was updated to include STP and SHE parameters.
13) Section 2.14.10 was updated to change table reference to 2.5
14) Section 220.127.116.11.4 was added to describe response spectrum as per IBC-2006
15) Section 2.17.8 was updated.