- Review the End-User License Agreement (or EULA) carefully during the installation of STAAD.Pro. By installing this release, you agree to the terms and conditions of the agreement. A copy of the End User License Agreement named EULA.pdf will be included in the STAAD.Pro\Readme folder of the product installation. By default, this location is "C:\Program Files\Bentley\Engineering\STAAD.Pro CONNECT Edition."
- Before installing STAAD.Pro, be sure to fully read this document as well as the Requirements and STAAD.Pro Installation Guide documents, where you can find critical information important to your installation. Consult the Bentley Web site for the latest information on this and other Bentley products.
- To access the help document from within STAAD.Pro, either:
- In the table of contents (left-hand) frame, click the expand (>) button for the topic What's New?
- Click the topic STAAD.Pro CONNECT Edition.
Prerequisites for Bentley Desktop Applications
STAAD.Pro CONNECT Edition is a standalone application and as such does not require any prerequisites. However, to use ISM interoperability, then it is required to install the latest version of the Structural Synchronizer. This is a free software and available from the Bentley Fulfilment Center.
STAAD.Pro CONNECT Edition is designed so it can be installed and safely coexist on the same workstation as an existing, version of STAAD.Pro V8i or earlier. It will not attempt to upgrade or uninstall any existing commercial release, and by default it installs its program and workspace files to different locations than the commercial release. When you install STAAD.Pro CONNECT Edition it creates the registry entries responsible for file associations.
By default, the program is installed in C:\Program Files\Bentley\Engineering\STAAD.Pro CONNECT Edition\ .
By default, sample models and verification examples are installed in C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\STAAD.Pro CONNECT Edition\Samples\.
Support and Services Information
FAQs, What's New/Changed, and other technical information can be found on Bentley's technical support documentation page.
You can efficiently log issues that you encounter in Bentley products with the Service Ticket Manager.
Using the Online Help
You can also view online help updates for commercially available products from Bentley's documentation Web site.