||Type a descriptive name for the wind load definition.
|| Select the code for entering wind data:
- Custom – used to enter data pairs of wind
pressure at given heights
- SP 20.13330 2016 – used to enter wind load
parameters for both static and dynamic wind loads per the SP
20.13330 2016 code
|| Used to enter code parameters for a wind definition.
||the characteristic value of wind pressure, always
terrain roughness category:
- Coastal Zone.
- Urban Zone.
- Large City.
the type of structure:
- Prismatic building structures,
- General-type concrete structures,
- General-type framed steel structures.
||Wind region as per clause 11.5 of SNiP 2.01.07-85*
2016. This is used to determine the wind pressure in determine the dynamic wind
logarithmic decrement of
oscillations, Delta (see table 11.5 - Section 11.1.8 for the definition).
Typically values are:
- 0.15 for steel towers, masts, lined
chimneys, column means including the ones on the reinforced concrete pedestals
- 0.3 for reinforced concrete and stone
structures as well as for buildings with steel framework if there are walling
The building configuration as defined in SNiP
"Loads and Actions"
- 0. Prismatic building structure -
Rectangular building- Outstanding architectural details on the left façade.
- 1. Prismatic building structure -
Rectangular building- Both side façades are smooth
- 2. Prismatic building structure -
Rectangular building- Outstanding architectural details on the right façade
- 3. Prismatic building structure -
Rectangular building- Outstanding architectural details on both side façades
- 4. Prismatic building structure -
Rectangular building- Triangular building
- 5. Prismatic building structure -
Rectangular building- Rhombic building
- 6. Prismatic building structure -
Rectangular building- Number of vertices of polygonal building, not more than
- 7. Prismatic building structure - Less
than 3 — rectangular building
- 8. Prismatic building structure - 3 —
- 9. Prismatic building structure - 4 —
- 10. Prismatic building structure - More
than 4 — polygonal
- 11. Framed RC structure
- 12. Lattice steel structure
||(For Custom wind defintions) Click in the field to open the Height vs. Pressure data table. Enter pairs of data for wind pressure at a given height
(in the current units).
Int cells –
wind intensities (pressures) in force/area. Up to
100 different intensities can be defined in the input file per type.
Height cells –
corresponding heights in global vertical direction,
measured in terms of actual Y (or Z for Z UP ) coordinates up to which the
corresponding intensities occur.