To add a mass model load group
To add a load group for modeling mass in your structure, use the following procedure.
Mass modeling in STAAD.Pro Physical Modeler is done through load groups with the type mass. Analysis of seismic and response spectra load cases require a the mass of the structure.
Model ribbon tab, select the
Load Group tool in the
The Add load group dialog opens.
- Type a unique Name for the new load group.
- (Optional) Type a Description for the load group.
- Select the Mass as load group Category.
- (Optional) Type self-weight multipliers in each global direction if this load case should contain self weight in the mass model.
- Click OK. The load group is created and selected as the current load group.
You can now add individual load items into the mass model load group.
Note: You can add additional mass load groups to the structure. All mass load groups will be combined to form the mass model used for seismic and response spectrum load cases.