To apply a hydrostatic pressure load to a surface or surface region
To apply a pressure load which varies linearly across a surface or a surface region, use the following procedure.
A hydrostatic load is a linearly varying pressure load. This feature allows you to apply them parametrically based on fluid density and then converts this into variable pressure load for use by the program.
- Select the surfaces or surface regions that will have the same hydrostatic load applied.
- Select the tool for the entity type:
- Select the Load group or case to which the load will be added from the drop-down list.
- (Optional) Type the Density to use for the fluid. The default value is for water.
- Type the Zero pressure level. This is the global Y value of the top of fluid.
- Select the face on which the hydrostatic pressure is applied.
- Click OK.