To add a snow load case
To add a load case for your snow definition load, use the following procedure.
Snow load definitions can not be used with a load group. Only load cases have the option for the snow definition category.
Model ribbon tab, select the
Load Case tool in the
The Add Load Case dialog opens.
- Type a unique Name for the load case. This is helpful in identifying the load case.
- (Optional) Type a Description for the load case.
- Select Snow Definition from the Category drop-down list.
- Select the snow load definition from the Parameter Set drop-down list.
- (Optional) Select a Group.
Select the ASCE snow load parameters for the load case:
- Select the Condition as Balanced or Unbalanced.
- Select the Roof Type from the drop-down list.
- Select the Roof Obstruction if present.
- If the roof is sloped, check the Roof Slope Factor option and then type the Value.
- Click OK. The load case is created and selected as the current load case.