To apply a nodal load
To assign a concentrated load or moment at a node, use the following procedure.
Nodal loads (i.e., joint loads) –both forces and moments– may be applied to any free joint of a structure. Any number of loads may be applied on a single node, in which case the loads will be additive on that node.
- Select the nodes which all have the same load.
Nodal ribbon tab, select the
Nodal Load tool in the
The Add Nodal Load dialog opens.
- Select the Load group or case to which the load will be added from the drop-down list.
- Select the Reference CS (coordinate system). Select either the WCS (global coordinate system) or a user-created coordinate system.
- Select if the Direction of the loads along the selected coordinate system are parallel to the coordinate system or oriented toward the coordinate system origin.
- Type the force and moment magnitudes acting along the global directions at the nodes.
- Click OK. The dialog closes and the loads are assigned to the nodes.