To assign connection tags to members
To assign connection tags to members for performing connection checks in STAAD.Pro or to export to detailing software, use the following procedure.
- Select one or more members that will share the same connection tags.
Member ribbon tab, select the
Connection Tags tool in the
Assign properties group.
The Add Connection Tags dialog opens.
- Select the connection tag category and tags to use for the selected members.
- Select the Location where to assign this connection tag. You can select the Start, End, or both options.
- Click OK. The tags are assigned to the model.
You can display the connection tags in the model view window by selecting the Connection Tags tool in the Toggle Attributes group on the View ribbon tab.
- During import and export using ISM, the connection tags are included. Multiple tags at a member end are supported as comma-separated lists of tags.
- When creating an analytical model for SPRO, only compatible strings for tag names will be exported (e.g., no spaces are allowed in tag names). For multiple tag names, the first compatible tag name will be used. A warning will be displayed when generating the analytical model for non-compatible connection tag names.
You display connection tags for members by selecting the Connection Tags tool in the Toggle Attributes group on the View ribbon tab.
Connection tags can be edited by selecting the Connection Tags tool in the Members group on the Spreadsheet ribbon tab.