To add a static wind load case
To add a load case for your wind definition load, use the following procedure.
Model ribbon tab, select the
Load Case tool in the
The Add Load Case dialog opens.
- Type a unique Name for the load case. This is helpful in identifying the load case.
- (Optional) Type a Description for the load case.
- Select Wind Definition Static from the Category drop-down list.
- Select the wind load definition from the Parameter Set drop-down list.
- (Optional) Type a Factor to apply to the entire load case.
- Specify the global Direction in which the load acts by selecting either the Global X, Global Z, Global -X, or Global -Z option from the drop-down list.
For Custom wind defintions:
- (Optional) Check the Internal option if this load is an internal pressure.
- (Optional) Check the Open Structure option if the structure is an open structure.
- For SP 20.13330 wind definitions:
Select the Method of applying the wind load to the
Method selected… Do this… Automatic No additional action required as the program will apply the wind load to the entire projection of the structure perpendicular to the selected Direction. Specify Range Type Maximum X/Y/Z and Minimum X/Y/Z global coordinates to limit the application of the wind load. Groups Click in the Group drop-down to selecte previously defined group names.
- Click OK. The load case is created and selected as the current load case.