To assign a mat foundation
To assign a mat foundation support to a surface, use the following procedure.
- Select one or more surfaces that will be supported.
Surfaces ribbon tab, select the
Mat Foundation tool in the
Mat and Edge Supports group.
The Assign Mat Foundation dialog opens.
- Select the Direction in which the foundation reaction acts. Typically, this will be the Y direction, which will apply the spring in the global Y direction while fixing movement along the global X and Z directions as well as fixing rotation about the Y axis.
- Type the Subgrade modulus value to use for the soil modeling. This is the stiffness parameter used to describe the soil supporting the footing.
- Complete - the mat foundation is capable of resisting both positive and negative force along the selected Direction
- Compression Only - the mat foundation is capable of only resisting compressive force (i.e., towards the joint) along the selected Direction (use this option for foundations which cannot resist uplift)
- Click OK.