To add a seismic definition load case
To add a load case for your static seismic definition load, use the following procedure.
Seismic definitions can not be used with a load group. Only load cases have the option for the seismic definition category.
Model ribbon tab, select the
Load Case tool in the
The Add Load Case dialog opens.
- Type a unique Name for the load case. This is helpful in identifying the load case.
- (Optional) Type a Description for the load case.
- Select Seismic Definition from the Category drop-down list.
- Select the seismic definition from the Parameter Set drop-down list.
- Specify the global Direction in which the load acts by selecting either the X, Y, or Z Option.
- (Optional) Type a scale Factor to use for this load.
- Click OK. The load case is created and selected as the current load case.