To calculate a value in a spreadsheet cell
To use the built in calculation feature, use the following procedure.
From the right-click pop-up menu select
The calculator is displayed.
The Spreadsheet group on the Data ribbon tab contains the same controls.
Change or evaluate the cell value as follows:
To… Do this… Perform an operation on the existing value Type a value in the calculator input and then click one of the operation buttons.
- + adds the input value to the cell value
- - subtracts the input value from the cell value
- × multiplies the cell value by the input value
- ÷ divides the cell value by the input value
- ± changes the sign of the cell value
Evaluate the input as the new value Type a value or formula in the input and then click the = button.
- Click in any location outside of the cell.