To move the model selection
To move the selected portion of the model along a straight path, use the following procedure.
- Select any portions of the model you want to move.
Model ribbon tab, select the
Move tool in the
The Move dialog opens.
- Select a Coordinate system for the translation values from the drop-down list.
- For the two points necessary to identify the move vector:
- (Optional) Check the Retain connections to maintain any object connections (e.g., members, surfaces, etc.) connected to nodes moved with this action. For example, if you select a beam supported on either end by columns and move the beam up (pure Y vector of a positive distance). If you leave the Retain connections option checked, then the columns will extend upward by that same amount. If you uncheck the Retain connections option, the columns will no longer support that beam and two new member end nodes will be created as part of the move process.
- (Optional) Click Preview to display a preview of the operation using the current parameters.
- Click OK.