To add a physical surface
To add a planar, structural object to the physical model, use the following the procedure.
Model ribbon tab, select the
Surface tool in the
The tool is highlighted to indicate that it is active. The mouse pointer changes to an add surface cursor, , and a blue symbol "snaps" to the nearest snap point.
- Click a point in the view window to define the start point for the new surface. A wireframe with one end anchored at the selection point and the other "rubber banded" to the pointer appears, representing the surface edge connecting two corners.
- Click the subsequent corners to define the surface, continuing in either a clockwise or counter-clockwise order. Click as many corners as needed, so long as no edge of the surface crosses any previously defined edge (i.e., a regular polygon).
- To close off the final polygonal surface edge, either:
- Repeat steps 2 through 5 to add as many more surfaces as needed.
- To stop drawing new surfaces, do one of the following: