To add a dyanmic wind load case
To add a dynamic load case for an SP 20.13330 wind definition load, use the following procedure.
Model ribbon tab, select the
Load Case tool in the
The Add Load Case dialog opens.
- Type a unique Name for the load case. This is helpful in identifying the load case.
- (Optional) Type a Description for the load case.
- Select Wind Definition Dynamic from the Category drop-down list.
- Select the wind load definition from the Parameter Set drop-down list.
- (Optional) Type a Factor to apply to the entire load case.
- Specify the global Direction in which the load acts by selecting either the Global X or Global Z option from the drop-down list.
Specify the SP 20.13330-specific options:
- For wind loads applied at oblique angles (45° to the X and Z axes), check the Oblique option.
- Type the Buidling Diemsions for both the Perpindicular Length and Parallel Length (with respect to the wind direction).
- Check the Allow All Mode Shapes option to compute the dynamic wind load vector for all mode shapes extracted from modal analysis. Only those mode shapes with in the code-specified frequency limit will be included. Otherwise, only the first mode shape is calculated.
- Orthogonal Loading
- Type the Y coordinate of the Ground Level.
- Select the name of the Static Wind Case which also uses the current Wind Definition.
- Click OK. The load case is created and selected as the current load case.
Static wind load case details can be viewed and edited by selecting the Dynamic Wind Load Cases tool in the Reference group on the Spreadsheet ribbon tab.