To apply a point load on a surface
To assign a concentrated load anywhere on a surface, use the following procedure.
- Select the surfaces which will have the same point loads.
Surface ribbon tab, select the
Point tool in the
The Add Surface Concentrated Load dialog opens.
- Select the Load group or case to which the load will be added from the drop-down list.
- Type the Magnitude of the point load. Negative values may be used to reverse the direction of the load.
Specify the load location by either:
type the Distance in x and Distance in y values. These are measured along the local axes directions of the surface from N1 (node 1).
click Select and then select an existing node or grid intersection point on a surface
- Select the Direction of the load from the drop-down list.
- Click OK. The dialog closes and the concentrated load is applied to the selected surfaces.