To make copies of the model selection along an arc
To make mutliple copies of the selected portions of the model in an arc about a defined axis, use the following procedure.
- Select any portions of the model you want to copy.
On the Model ribbon tab, select the Circular
Repeat tool in the Edit group.
The Circular Repeat dialog opens.
Specify the axis details for the method selected.
For… Specify the axis options… Global Select the Axis of rotation about which the arc rotates and the coordinates for the Pivot point to use. Two points Specify the coordinates for the Rotation axis initial point and Rotation axis final point which define the axis.
click Select to manually click nodes or grid intersections as points
type coordinates of arbitrary points used to define the rotation axis
- Select the Axis of rotation from the drop-down list.
- Specify the arc and copies parameters:
Select the copy options:
- Select the option for Generation. This specifies if all objects, only geometry, or a combination of geometry and properties are copied.
- (Optional) Select if copies should be linked by new members along the copy direction.
- (Optional) If the copies are to be linked, check the Open base to prevent the base nodes from being connected.
- (Optional) Click Preview to display a preview of the operation using the current parameters.
- Click OK. The dialog closes and the copies are placed as specified.