To make copies of the model selection
To make copies of the selected portion of the model along a straight path, use the following procedure.
You can make multiple copies of the selected portion of the model along the axes of any coordinate system, but the copies will be in a straight line using this procedure.
- Select any portions of the model you want to copy.
- Select a Coordinate system for the translation values from the drop-down list.
- Select the Along axis from the drop-down list.
- Type the Number of copies to make and the Spacing between each copy.
Select the copy options:
- Select the option for Generation. This specifies if all objects, only geometry, or a combination of geometry and properties are copied.
- (Optional) Select if copies should be linked by new members along the copy direction.
- (Optional) If the copies are to be linked, check the Open base to prevent the base nodes from being connected.
- (Optional) Click Preview to display a preview of the operation using the current parameters.
- Click OK. The dialog closes and the copies are placed as specified.