To segment members at a specified distance
To segment members given an end node and distances from that node, use the following procedure.
- Select a member and one of the end nodes.
Member ribbon tab, select the
tool in the
The Segment Member from Node dialog opens.
- (Optional) Check the As a percentage option to specify lengths as a percentage of the total member length.
- Type the Distance from the selected node to where you want to segment the beam.
- Check the Create nodes only option to only create a new node at the specified distance.
- Click OK. The dialog closes and a new node is created at the specified distance.