To create a load combination
To create a combination of existing load cases, use the following procedure.
Model ribbon tab, select the
Load Combination tool in the
The Add Load Combination dialog opens.
- Type a unique Name and (optional) Description for this load combination.
- Select the Type of combination method to use.
- For SRSS combinations, type an SRSS Factor.
- To filter the types of load (i.e., dead, live, etc.) included in the load combination:
To specify the load factors used for each load case:
- Click in the Factors field.
- Type the load Factor to use as a multiplier for the load case.
- (Optional) Check the SRSS option for any load cases to be added by the SRSS method in a SRSS load combination. Load cases that do not have this option checked will be added algebraically in an SRSS combination.
- Click OK.
You can view and edit load combinations by selecting the Load combinations tool in the Reference group on the Spreadsheet ribbon tab.
Select a load combination in the spreadsheet to preview the combined load in the view window.