To apply a temperature load to a surface
To assign a load due to a uniform or differential temperature to a surface, use the following procedure.
- Select the surfaces that will all have the same temperature load applied.
On the Surface ribbon tab, select the
Temperature tool in the Loads
The Add Temperature Load dialog opens.
- Select the Load group or case to which the load will be added from the drop-down list.
- For Axial Expansion loads, type the Temperature change experienced by the entire cross section.
- For Differential Loads, type the temperature differentials experienced across the local Z directions of the members.
- Click OK. The dialog closes and the load is applied to the selected surfaces.