AD.2006.1.1 Physical Member Interface
STAAD.Pro will allow grouping analytical predefined members into physical members using a special member group PMEMBER. PMEMBER defines a group of analytical collinear members, with same cross section and material property.
To model using PMEMBER, one needs to model regular analytical members and the start grouping those together.
- Existence of the analytical members in the member-list.
- Selected members should be interconnected.
- The selected individual members are collinear.
- Local axis of the individual members comprising the physical member should be identical (i.e., x, y and z are respectively parallel and in same sense).
- A member in one Physical Member Group should not occur in any other Physical Member Group.