Tabulated Results of Steel Design
For code checking or member selection, the program produces the results in a tabulated fashion. The items in the output table are explained as follows:
- refers to the member number for which the design is performed
- Check Item
- refers to steel design clause, which has been checked against the steel code or has been selected.
- prints whether the member has PASSED, CONSERVATIVE or FAILED. If the RESULT is FAIL, the row color of result is red; if the RESULT is CONSERVATIVE, the row color of result is green.
- prints the ratio of the actual stresses to allowable stresses for the critical condition. Normally a value of 1.0 or less will mean the member has passed.
- Actual Value
- prints the actual stresses for the critical condition, which is calculated by the analysis results and design parameters.
- Limit Value
- prints the allowable stresses for the critical condition. Normally which is related to the steel grade.
- provides the load case number, which governed the design.
- specifies the actual distance from the start of the member to the section where design forces govern.