M. To automatically generate load combinations
To automatically generate load combinations based on predefined rules for load types, use the following procedure.
In order to use this feature, one or more primary load cases must be created with a load type defined. A load type can be assigned to a primary load case either at the time when the load is being created or later.
If you want to customize the load combination rules or create your own for your organization, you must do this before creating the automatic load combinations.
Loading ribbon tab, select the
tool in the
Load Generation group .
The Auto Load Combination dialog opens.
Choose the code to use from the
Select Load Combination Code drop-down list.
- AISC 9th Ed
- ASCE 7-10
- IS:456 / IS:800
- SNiP 2.01.07-85
- ASCE 7-16
- Chose the code-specific load combination table to use from the Select Load Combination Category drop-down list.
- (オプション) Type the Select Starting Combination No to use for the first generated load combination.
- (オプション) Check the Create Repeat Load Cases option to generate repeat load cases in place of results load combinations. Standard load combinations are algebraic combinations of results and therefore are not appropriate for second order effects. A repeat load case is a new primary load case which will re-use the loads from previously defined primary load cases in the analysis engine.
- (オプション) Check the Include Notional Load? option to include notional loads (when notional loads have been specified) in the Repeat Load Cases.
- Click Generate Loads. The load combinations based on the selected code and category are displayed in the Selected Load Combinations list.
- Select any loads you do not want included in the load combinations and then click < to place them in the Discarded Load Combinations list.
- Click Add.