D5.C.9 Tabulated Results of Steel Design
For code checking or member selection, the program produces the results in a tabulated fashion. The items in the output table are explained as follows:
- refers to the member number for which the design is performed.
- refers to steel section name, which has been checked against the steel code or has been selected.
- prints whether the member has PASSED or FAILED. If the RESULT is FAIL, there will be an asterisk (*) mark on front of the member.
- CRITICAL COND
- refers to the clause in EN 1993-1-1:2005 code which governs the design.
- prints the ratio of the actual stresses to allowable stresses for the critical condition. Normally a value of 1.0 or less will mean the member has passed.
- provides the load case number, which governed the design.
- FX, MY, and MZ
- provide the axial force, moment in local Y-axis and the moment in local z-axis respectively. Although STAAD does consider all the member forces and moments (except torsion) to perform design, only FX, MY and MZ are printed since they are the ones which are of interest, in most cases.
- specifies the actual distance from the start of the member to the section where design forces govern.
If an NA parameter (other than 0) has been specified and if the particular National Annex requires additional checks outside those specified in EN 1993-1-1:2005 (e.g., The Dutch National Annex), the respective NA clauses and any associated code clauses will be listed along with the critical ratios and the forces that were used for these clause checks.
Documentation notes appear in red.
Code title & version STAAD.PRO CODE CHECKING - BS EN 1993-1-1:2005 ******************************************** National Annex used, if any NATIONAL ANNEX - NA to BS EN 1993-1-1:2005 Design engine version PROGRAM CODE REVISION V1.9 BS_EC3_2005/1 ALL UNITS ARE - KN METE (UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED) MEMBER TABLE RESULT/ CRITICAL COND/ RATIO/ LOADING/ FX MY MZ LOCATION ======================================================================= Member number, section profile & table 1 ST HD320X127 (EUROPEAN SECTIONS)Design status, critical code clause, & critical ratio PASS EC-6.3.3-662 0.045 1Section forces & critical section location 25.00 C 5.00 -10.00 0.00 ======================================================================= MATERIAL DATA Grade of steel = USER Modulus of elasticity = 205 kN/mm2 Design Strength (py) = 275 N/mm2 SECTION PROPERTIES (units - cm) Member Length = 500.00 Gross Area = 161.30 Net Area = 161.30 "z-axis" here refers to bending about Z-Z (when Y is Up), where as EC3 uses the Y-Y axis convention. z-axis y-axis Moment of inertia : 30820.004 9239.001 Plastic modulus : 2149.000 939.100 Elastic modulus : 1926.250 615.933 Shear Area : 81.998 51.728 Radius of gyration : 13.823 7.568 Effective Length : 500.000 500.000 DESIGN DATA (units - kN,m) EUROCODE NO.3 /2005 Section class as per Table 5.2 Section Class : CLASS 1Max. cross section capacity (A · fy/GM0 Squash Load : 4435.75 Axial force/Squash load : 0.006 Partial safety factors used GM0 : 1.00 GM1 : 1.00 GM2 : 1.10 z-axis y-axis Slenderness ratio (KL/r) : 36.2 66.1 Compression Capacity : 4078.2 3045.5 Tension Capacity : 4435.8 4435.8 Moment Capacity : 591.0 258.3 Reduced Moment Capacity : 591.0 258.3 Shear Capacity : 1301.9 821.3 BUCKLING CALCULATIONS (units - kN,m) Lateral Torsional Buckling Moment MB = 591.0 Factor C1 used in Mcr calculations and End restraint factor (corresponds to the CMN design parameters co-efficients C1 & K : C1 =2.578 K =1.0, Effective Length= 5.000 Elastic Critical Moment for LTB, Mcr = 1541.5 Critical Load For Torsional Buckling, NcrT = 13898.0 Critical Load For Torsional-Flexural Buckling, NcrTF = 13898.0 ALL UNITS ARE - KN METE (UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED) MEMBER TABLE RESULT/ CRITICAL COND/ RATIO/ LOADING/ FX MY MZ LOCATION ======================================================================= CRITICAL LOADS FOR EACH CLAUSE CHECK (units- kN,m): Max. ratio, loadcase, & section forces for each clause check CLAUSE RATIO LOAD FX VY VZ MZ MY EC-126.96.36.199 0.008 1 25.0 0.0 0.0 -10.0 5.0 EC-188.8.131.52 0.020 1 25.0 0.0 0.0 -10.0 5.0 EC-6.3.3-661 0.035 1 25.0 0.0 0.0 -10.0 5.0 EC-6.3.3-662 0.045 1 25.0 0.0 0.0 -10.0 5.0 EC-6.3.2 LTB 0.017 1 25.0 0.0 0.0 -10.0 5.0 Torsion and deflections have not been considered in the design. _________________________ ************** END OF TABULATED RESULT OF DESIGN **************