GS. To convert units within a dialog field
To input a unit different than the current unit within a dialog field, use the following procedure.
- Click within a field that takes a dimensional value as input.
- Press <F2>. A pop-up dialog opens to allow you to input values in any dimensionally correct unit.
- (Optional) Press <Ctrl+Q> to open a list of dimensionally correct units and select one to populate this pop-up dialog.
- Type the value in the known units.
- Once you are finished entering the units, press <Return>. The unit is converted into the Current Unit system.