M. To Create a Shear Wall
Shear walls created by the Building Planner are analytically columns with the dimensions of the wall they represent.
- Select .
Click the columns or slab corners to define the start and end of the shear wall in plan.
The points are highlighted with gray-filled, red circles in the view window. The Define Shear Wall dialog opens.
Specify the shear wall parameters: as necessary
- Type a Mark to label the wall.
- If a shear wall is not continuous from base to roof, clear the check mark in the Create column for that level.
- Type an X Offset and Y Offset value to move the wall with respect to the selected start point.
- Type B and D dimensions to specify a wall size.
- Click OK. The shear wall is drawn in dark red in the plan.
- Repeat Steps 2 through 4 as necessary to continue adding shear walls.