D8.A.3 Member Property Specification
For specification of member properties, the specified steel section available in Steel Section Library of STAAD.Pro may be used.
- HSS tube
- HSS pipe
- double angle (including "star angle" arrangement; see below)
- double channel
- solid rod (from section database or solid prismatic circular sections which use steel material)
Member properties may also be specified using the User Table facility except for the General and Prismatic member types (other than prismatic circular sections used as steel rods indicated above).
For more information on these facilities, refer to G.6 Member Properties .
D8.A.3.1 Star Angle Arrangements
The design of double angles defined as "star angle" sections (i.e., a heel-to-heel alignment using the SA parameter; see section TR.20.1 鋼材テーブルからの特性の割り当て) per IS 800:2007.
- Members using this section must be axial only (i.e., use TRUSS specification).
- It is assumed that the star angle arrangement is treated as a welded shape (i.e., two ISA welded at heels). Plated shapes are not accounted for in the program.
- The members are checked for tension and compression limit states for the cross-sectional properties calculated about the principal axes. Other limit states such as bending, shear, and interaction are not considered.