T.1 Specifying member properties
In this procedure, you will assign cross section properties to the beams and columns.
MEMBER PROPERTY AMERICAN 1 3 TABLE ST W12X35 2 TABLE ST W12X34
- Select the Properties page in the Analytical Modeling page control bar. Properties - Whole Structure dialog opens.
- Click Section Database.
- Select the W Shape tab under the American option. The property type we wish to create is the W shape from the AISC table.
- Choose W12X35 as the beam size and then select the ST option as the section type.
Tip: Detailed explanation of the terms such as ST, T, CM, TC, BC, etc. is available in TR.20.1 鋼材テーブルからの特性の割り当て.The W12X35 section is added to the Sections list in the Properties - Whole Structure dialog.
- To create the second member property (ST W14X34), select the W14X34 shape and click Add.
- Click Close in the Section Profile Tables dialog.
- Assign these properties with selected members in our model:
- Repeat step 8 except to assign the second property reference (W14X34) to member 2.