T.1 Assigning load cases to members
Load item assignments are made using the Load & Definition dialog, which opens when most of the Loading tools are selected. If this dialog is not currently open, select the Loading page in the Analytical Modeling page control bar to re-open it.
- In the Load & Definition dialog, select the UNI GY -2.5 kip/ft load item in the 1: DEAD + LIVE load case .
- Select the Use Cursor to Assign option in the Assignment Method group.
- Click Assign. The mouse pointer changes to
- Click on member 2.
- Repeat steps 1 through 4, except to assign the nodal load item in the second load case (FX 10 kip, ft) to Node 2.
- To stop assignment load items:
What about the load combinations? These do not need to be assigned to any model objects. As you may recall, these represent a factored combination of the results of the primary load cases and thus are not directly analyzed.