M. To add a nodal load
To add forces or moments that act a nodes, use the following procedure.
ヒント: This will add the load item to the currently selected load group selected in the program status bar.
- Select the tab.
- Type the force and moment magnitudes acting in the global directions (with sign) applied at the same nodes. You can use any combination of forces and moments.
To apply the load along an inclined coordinate system:
- Select the Inclined Load? option. The force and moment labels are updated with (') to indicate that the loads and moments will act in the inclined axes.
Select the method of defining the reference point.
ヒント: To easily select a reference node with respect to an existing node, first use the Reference Node option to populate the fields with that node's coordinates. Then select the Absolute option to modify the values. For example, you can update the Y coordinate of an existing node to select a point directly above or below that node.
- Reference Node - select an existing node number from the model. The global coordinates of that node are displayed as read-only.
- Absolute - type the global coordinates of an arbitrary point to use as the reference.
- Relative - type relative distances from the loaded joint to the reference point. These distances are measured along the global axes.
- Type the global coordinates (Absolute) or distances (Relative) to the reference point.
- Click Add. The load item is added to the selected load case.