The following cross-sectional properties should be used for this section-type. This facility allows you to specify a built-up or unconventional steel section. Provide both the Y and Z parameters for design or code checking.
property-spec = AX D TD B TB IZ IY IX SZ SY AY AZ PZ PY HSS DEE
- Cross section area
- Depth of the section
- Thickness associated with section element parallel to depth (usually web). To be used to check depth/thickness ratio
- Width of the section
- Thickness associated with section element parallel to flange. To be used to check width/thickness ratio
- Moment of inertia about local z-axis (usually strong axis)
- Moment of inertia about local y-axis
- Torsional constant
- Section modulus about local z-axis
- Section modulus about local y-axis
- Shear area in local y-axis.
- Shear area in local z-axis.
- Plastic modulus about local z-axis
- Plastic modulus about local y-axis
- Warping constant for lateral torsional buckling calculations
- Depth of web. For rolled sections, distance between fillets should be provided
You can also specify points to define a general section. Refer to TR.19 User Steel Table Specification for details. When this method is used, the section property-spec values can be calculated automatically by the graphical interface.