D. To perform steel design per the Chinese code
To perform steel design per the GB 500017 code, use the following procedure.
On the Chinese Steel Design ribbon tab,
select the Design tool in the
The Chinese Steel Design dialog opens.
On the Structure tab, set the following options as
- Click Default to make any changes to the default design parameter. This parameter set is used for any members which do not have a named parameter set assigned.
- Select the Design Range option: all members or on those selected.
- Check the Seismic Design option to include seismic design and then select the Seismic Precautionary Intensity level from the drop-down list.
- Select the optimization options applicable.
- Click Design. The design and optimization process is displayed.
- Click Done. The Results page opens. The members are color-coded by design status in the view window as well as in the Summary Results table.
- Select a member either in the view window or in the table to display design results in the Member Detail Result table.