M. To assign catalog section to physical members
To select and assign a catalog section to physical members, use the following procedures.
Note: For a physical member whose physical member property is already assigned, the individual analytical members in that Physical member will adopt the same member property that of the physical member. However, in case, where the analytical member property is assigned to any member in that physical member, then this analytical member property will supersede physical member property.
- Select the Properties page. The Properties - Whole Structure dialog opens.
Geometry ribbon tab, select the
Toggle Physical Member Mode tool in the
Physical Members group.
The tool is highlighted to indicate the mode is active.
orTip: Selecting the country from the Database tool drop-down list first results in a faster dialog load time.The Section Profile Tables dialog opens.
- Select the appropriate table:
- Select the shape profile on the left-hand side of the dialog.
orNote: Refer to related codes in the Design section for information on section nomenclature.
- Select the appropriate Type Specification for some shapes. Some type specifications require additional input (such as cover plate dimensions, spacing, composite slab data, etc.).
- (Optional) Select an associated Material. This feature allows you to use material definitions for steel, stainless steel, concrete, aluminum, or any previously specified, custom material definitions.
- Click Add. The new member property is added to the list as a Physical member property in the Properties - Whole Structure dialog. Such properties are designated with the word "Physical".
- Click Close.