OS. ActiveX Component in Microsoft® Excel
ActiveX component can't create object
when attempting to run an OpenSTAAD macro in Microsoft Excel.
OpenSTAAD DLL not registered
When you run your macro, if it still gives you the error ("ActiveX component can't create object"), it might be because the OpenSTAAD library was not registered properly when the program was installed.
Register the DLL
- In Windows Explorer, go to the following location: C:\Program Files\Bentley\Engineering\STAAD.Pro CONNECT Edition\ STAAD\Plugins\StrucLink\.
- Search for the file: OpenStaad.Registration.exe.
- Right-click on the file OpenStaad.Registration.exe and select Run as Administrator from the pop-up menu.
- Click Register OpenSTAADUI to register the DLL. A message dialog opens indicating that the OpenSTAADUI type library is registered. If the registration did not succeed, please contact our technical support staff for further instructions.
- Click OK.
- Try opening and running the Microsoft Excel beam example file provided with your STAAD.Pro software (C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\STAAD.Pro CONNECT Edition\Samples\OpenSTAAD\Rectangle-beam.xls).
- Close all the STAAD.Pro instances and open only the relevant STAAD.Pro model.
- Run the macro.