D5.D.2 Specifying the design engine to use a national annex
Use the following procedure to include additional check specified by a National Annex:
- On the Analysis and Design ribbon tab, select Steel in the Design gallery. The Steel Design - Whole Structure dialog box opens.
- In the Current Code drop-down menu, select EN 1993-1-1:2005.
- Click Define Parameters…. The Design Parameters dialog box opens.
- Select the NA parameter in the list box.
- Select the option corresponding to the National Annex document you want to use .
This will insert the following commands into the STAAD input file:
CODE EN 1993-1-1:2005
Refer to D5.C. European Codes - Steel Design to Eurocode 3 [EN 1993-1-1:2005] for additional information on steel design per EC3.
A design performed to the new Eurocode 3 National Annex is displayed in the output file (*.ANL) with the following header, in addition to the base EC3 output.