D. To Select a Smart Connection Template
Click the Smart Connections tool
- You may specify design code or grouping overrides here.
- (Optional) For AISC codes, select the option for Consider AISC 341-05 Seismic Provisions Select a load cases from the drop-down list which represents the gravity load.
- (Optional) For BS5950 code, select the option to Consider Structural Integrity if necessary.
- (Optional) For Base Plates, select a Seismic Category site class from the drop down list.
- Select a connection class from the drop-down list. All available connections are displayed in the Available list box below.
- Select the connection you wish to use and add it to the Selected list box by clicking the Add (>) button.
- Click OK to accept and design the selected joints using these connections.