M. To add a hydrostatic load to objects
To assign a hydrostatic load to members or plate elements, use the following procedure.
Tip: This will add the load item to the currently selected load group selected in the program status bar.
Select the appropriate tab:
Object type Select this tab Members Plates
- Click Select objects . The Selected Item(s) dialog opens and the Add New Load Items dialog closes temporarily.
- Use the appropriate selection tool to select all the objects to which you want to apply the hydrostatic load in the view window. All objects must be of the correct type to populate the list (e.g., only members can be added to the Member list, only plates can be added to the Plate list).
- Click Done. The Selected Item(s) dialog closes and the Add New Load Items dialog re-opens. The selected objects are now displayed in the objects list.
- Type values for the minimum and maximum global forces.
- Select the direction in which the force acts and the global axis along which the program should interpolate loads.
- Click Add. The dialog closes and the hydrostatic load items are added to the selected load case.