For built-up section made of two members, batten plates are drawn as indicative.
For connection between concrete and steel, indicative base plates are shown.
For elevation Bracing's the angle is adjusted as per the change of center line of the beams as per top of steel (TOS).
For bottom chord of the trusses the node between bottom chord and the top chord is adjusted as per the size of the bottom chord member. Accordingly the inclination of the top chord is adjusted without changing the top of truss. Similarly the lengths of the members connecting bottom chord and top chord are adjusted.
Similar to a truss, for inclined portals an indicative joint with connection plates is shown between the column and the portal member.
For moment connections there is no gap provided between the connecting members. For other connections an indicative gap is shown between the connecting members.
- Standard rolled steel sections, including T (Tee section) and DT (double tee) sections, are supported
- Section cover plates, TC (top cover plate), BC (bottom cover plate), and TB (top & bottom cover plates), are supported
The following prismatic shapes are also supported:
- Solid Circle (defined with YD),
- Solid Rectangle (defined with YD and ZD),
- Tee (defined with TD, ZD, YB and ZB),
- Trapezoidal (defined with YD, ZD and ZB),
- General (displayed as a rectangular solid using the values of YD and ZD),
- Tapered I (displayed using the average dimensions of web and flange),
- Tapered Tube ( displayed using the average dimensions).
User-provided table (UPT) shapes:
- All user table sections, such as wide-flange, channel, angle, double angle, etc.
- Shapes imported from Free Sketch as general shapes
These shapes are not supported:
- Other shapes with varying cross-sections (not listed under Prismatic sections above)
- Cold-formed steel sections, timber sections, and aluminum sections
- Composite sections (CM),
- American castellated sections, solid rods, and cables, steel joists,
- Dutch plates, strips, solid round sections, and solid square sections