D6.A.7 Tabulated Results of Steel Design
Results of code checking and member selection are presented in the output file in a tabular format.
If the TRACK parameter is set to 1.0, calculated member capacities will be printed. The following is a detailed description of printed items:
- Member Compression Capacity
- Member Tension Capacity
- Member Moment Capacity (about z-axis)
- Member Moment Capacity (about y-axis)
- Member Shear Capacity (z-axis)
- Member Shear Capacity (y-axis)
STAAD.Pro contains a broad set of facilities for designing structural members as individual components of an analyzed structure. The member design facilities provide the user with the ability to carry out a number of different design operations. These facilities may be used selectively in accordance with the requirements of the design problem. The operations to perform a design are:
- Specify the members and the load cases to be considered in the design.
- Specify whether to perform code checking or member selection.
- Specify design parameter values, if different from the default values.
These operations may be repeated by the user any number of times depending upon the design requirements.
STAAD.Pro supports steel design of wide flange, S, M, HP shapes, angle, double angle, channel, double channel, beams with cover plate, composite beams and code checking of prismatic properties.
Sample Input data for Steel Design:
UNIT METER PARAMETER CODE FRENCH NSF 0.85 ALL UNL 10.0 MEMBER 7 KY 1.2 MEMBER 3 4 RATIO 0.9 ALL TRACK 1.0 ALL CHECK CODE ALL